September 27, 2010

Mosaic Schmosaic...

Well, the kitchen progress has ground to a screeching halt.  I started on the tile mosaic backsplash over a month ago, and got a fair amount of it completed (about 5 square feet, using 2x2 or smaller individual tiles).  Then a week ago Friday I had foot and ankle surgery.  I am home for 8+ weeks off work for recovery; and being the ever-stubborn person that I am, I foolishly thought that I'd be able to "hop" right back into working on the kitchen and get it done while I'm off work.  This is not happening.  I am a little over one week post-op, and have  been experiencing greater levels of pain than I anticipated... I am hoping that over the next few weeks that it will slowly dissipate, but in the meantime I'm grounded on the couch in the living room, and I'm more than a little perturbed about this.  I really want for my kitchen to be completed, but I know that my health is more important than a silly tile wall...  at least I got the drywall in place so I don't have to look at the insulation anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.