June 4, 2009

Farmer Voit?

The garden is off and running! After a spider mite epidemic and some hot weather, my plants are finally acclimating in the garden quite nicely... I have 6 or 7 tomato varieties, 3 zucchini plants, 5 pepper varieties and a bunch of herbs like cilantro, parsley, basil, etc... lots of fun stuff! It's been a few years since I've had a garden because the clay and rock-filled pit that our old house was built over wasn't too friendly... probably could have suffocated a cactus out there!
I can remember enjoying vegetable gardening ever since I was a little girl... I have a picture of me with my grandma, picking green beans in the garden, that's probably one of my favorite pics ever. I just find it so gratifying to plant something and then be able to create delicious meals with the things that I raised by hand!


Long story short - if you get a jar of homemade salsa or pesto for Christmas this year, don't say that I didn't warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.