April 26, 2010

By George, I think I'm on to something!

I've been living with a rather "vanilla" kitchen for the past year and a half... trying to decide what to do in there. Tonight, in a fit of ambitiousness I decided to start thinking about what kind of colors I wanted for the kitchen - HAPPY colors like red, blue, yellow, orange, etc... and then it hit me - I want my kitchen to have the colors of my vintage Pyrex Dishes!!



Now I have to figure out what to do for the windows/patio door, for the upholstered seats on the kitchen chairs (currently a fabulously tacky 1980's chintz floral). I am having an AHA moment and it's looking up!!! Funnily enough... eons ago (ok, back in 2004) I started a MAD collection of Le Creuset baking dishes and also a few of their cast iron pieces... and wouldn't you know that they're the same reds and yellows that I'm planning to put in the kitchen? Not to mention my Cast Iron Chicken pot from Cracker Barrel (yes folks, a Chicken-shaped baking vessel) that is a great shade of cornflower blue!

I'm feeling SO inspired right now, and I am thoroughly annoyed that JoAnn Fabrics isn't open at this late hour so I can go play!!! I am also glad that I get my annual bonus/performance cash from work in 3 weeks because it's gonna be GONE with this kitchen decorating project!! HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.