January 30, 2011

Church on Sundays

It seems as though the majority of my home-improvement adventures are either started or completed on Sundays.  I don't think there's a specific reason for this, other than it's the one day of the week where I generally don't have a lot of plans, and I'm not working.  I've never been one to regularly attend church, so Sundays are usually my "free" days to play catch-up with house stuff, paying bills, cooking meals for the week, etc...

My mom's friend Cathie used to laugh and say that she wasn't a Catholic, not a Lutheran, not a Protestant... and yet she always made it a point to go to church on Sundays.  Her church's name?   Our Lady of Perpetual Projects.  The location?  Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse.  She hardly ever missed a Sunday there, and always made sure to fill their coffers full of her hard-earned money!  :-)

Today's project was simple enough - replaced an outlet that was on the fritz, and removed another outlet that was no longer needed so I could hang a bookshelf on the wall.   After hanging the bookshelf, I realized that I had to move my Bygel rail over just a bit (see my IKEA post for what I'm talking about!), so then I had to get the wall spackle out to patch the holes that I made previously.  Ah, the joys of home-ownership...


    The (almost) completed wall:



The mysterious floating bookshelf: 
(this is where you are supposed to say,  Ooooh!   Ahhhhh!)


Happy Renovating (and re-wiring!)


1 comment:

Speak your mind.