January 28, 2011

I've Been Neglecting You, My Dearest...

I've shied away from blogging about the house for the past week and a half, mainly because I've been too damn lazy to work on projects around here!! The only thing I've accomplished has been to grout the tile in the hall bathroom and re-install the shower rod, and that's mostly because I wanted to regain control of my own bathroom instead of having split custody!!  I've been in a bit of a funk... thinking it's mostly due to the weather, and also some stress that I'm encountering outside of my home-improvement universe.  I might take some time this weekend and (hopefully) get something accomplished around the house so I can be my bright and cheery self again! ;-p

In all seriousness though, I think this weekend will be dedicated to softgoods.  Sewing projects, to be precise.  I purchased some Sunbrella (fade and goop resistant) upholstery fabric for my kitchen, so I may set myself on the task of re-upholstering my kitchen chairs and creating a cornice board for my patio door!  If I have any fabric leftover, I'll put it to use by making a new "cozie" cover for my KitchenAid Mixer.  Not that it needs to be covered up for aesthetic's sake... but it gets a little old when you have to clean the mixer both before and after you use it because of the dust!!  *grins*


Happy Renovating (and sewing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.