September 30, 2011

Right Things You Can Do With The Wrong Chebe Mix

I got it in my head that I would make some Chebe cheese rolls to go with dinner this evening, alas, I had none of the original Chebe mix to work with.  I did, however, have one sad little pouch of Chebe Pizza Crust mix lingering in my pantry for quite some time... in fact I'm certain it was past the expiration date (but not by much).  Out of options and without enough time to make something completely from scratch, I decided to put that little bag to work for me in some delicious garlic cheese knots!

1 Package Chebe Pizza Crust Mix (contains Italian herbs and spices)
2 large eggs
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons light olive oil
1/3 cup milk

Beat all ingredients together until a pliable dough forms, adding more milk if necessary. The resulting dough should be thick enough to hold its shape when formed. Divide the dough into 8 even portions, then roll each into a long rope or snake form.  Tie this into a simple knot, then place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.


Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind.